Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
To improve the well-being of our community through high-quality mental health and addiction services.
We are a branch of a national, voluntary, non-profit association governed by a Board of Directors which has representatives from throughout the Region of Halton.
We are funded by the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) , community United Ways, Ministry of Health Promotion: Communities in Action Fund and fundraising activities.
In cooperation with Ontario Division and the National Office of the purpose of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Halton Region Branch is to develop and implement a coordinated citizen movement to ensure:
- The promotion of mental health through advocacy and on-going public education programs
- The improvement of attitudes towards mental illness and the encouragement of community acceptance, understanding and responsibility for people experiencing mental health problems
- The identification of needs which remain unmet by the existing community network of services and, in collaboration with other agencies and associations, both professional and lay, to promote the development of practical programs designed to prevent mental health problems and to offer support to those with mental health problems
- The encouragement of the consumer group to voice their opinions about mental health concerns, issues, and existing or desirable services
- The active involvement of the general public and community mental health resources in order to attain these objectives